Local Marketing Industry Weekly Update – #40 – january 30th, 2013
This week’s agenda:
• Google webinars
• Google Promoting AdWords Express In Google+ As Way “To Get More Followers”
• Google Local Announces Upgraded Phone Support
• Google+ Adds Improved Multi Page Mgt Interface
• Custom Audiences May Be Facebook’s Most Compelling Ad Product
• Now on Yelp: Restaurant Inspection Scores [UPDATED]
-Last Week, Leveraging Social Media Distribution & content
-This week, Google + Local + possible implcations of VINE (twitter 6 second video)
-LIT Tip last week — Customer Survey
-LIM Tip this week – Education to claiming a listing
The Local Marketing Industry Weekly Update, presented by Scott Gallagher. Scott is the co-founder of Local Marketing Source and has become the recognized expert in providing local marketing services to local businesses.
Google + Local
• A physical address. This means no PO Boxes, UPS Stores or shared addresses. Even if you work from home, like a plumber or consultant, you must use your address to let Google know you are indeed a local business working in a specific local area.
• A local phone number with a local area code. Do not use an 800 number or a call tracking number. Google wants to see a real phone number that is consistent in all of your online marketing. Example – using multiple phone numbers online sends a message to the Google algorithm that you are not who you say you are.
You must be engaged in offline transactions. This simply means, money must be changing hands between humans, not online. Example: If you are hardware store owner, transactions take place in your store. If you are an electrician, transactions take place at the place you perform the work.
oogle Citations and NAP
Website is considered most important citation!
Local Biz Builders: http://www.localbizbuilders.com
Standard YouTube License
For more FREE articles and videos like this, simply give your name and email below and we'll send this TOP 10 Local SEO Strategies Report. We respect your privacy. We will NEVER sell, rent or share your email address.
Local Marketing Industry Weekly Update - Free Subscription